The city of Verkhoyansk is located in the north-eastern part of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia). It was founded in 1638 by Russian Cossacks and initially served as a remote place for Siberian exile.
Fly to Batagay. Stay 2 full days in Verkhoyansky District and travel through the coldest places on Earth. Come back to Yakutsk on the 4th day.
Group size: 1-4 people.
Route: Yakutsk – Batagay – Verkhoyansk – Batagay – Betenkes – Batagay – Yakutsk.
Starts and ends at Yakutsk Airport.
Recommended period: November – April.
Coldest Period: late November – February, around -50C.
- Cold weather with -40C and -60C.
- Icy forest and mountains.
- Verkhoyansk Range to observe from the plane.
- Soviet-type airport in Batagai.
- Soviet-type town of Batagai. Founded in the infamous 1939 by Stalin’s GULAG inmates as a center of tin industry.
- Verkhoyansk, the oldest town in North-Eastern Yakutia.
- Authentic Yakut villages.
- Unique Yakutian horses.
- Snowmobile ride.
Dates: Any dates on request. Preferably from Monday to Thursday.
Please don't hesitate to send us your suggestions!
Submit your suggestion