LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR INVESTOR PROGRAM
Ekeau investing goes beyond simply providing funds to start-up ventures. It is an opportunity to give back to the community and shape the future economy. Ekeau are actively involved in the start-ups they invest in. This difference is what makes Ekeau investing the rewarding experience that it is.
Ekeau investors are typically formally educated, high net worth individuals, who invest personal funds at arm’s length in businesses owned and operated by unrelated individuals.
Personal funds are invested on a long-term basis in exchange for repayable or convertible debt or equity in the company.
Profile of a typical Ekeau investor:
- Formally educated
- High net worth
- Former entrepreneur or business professional who can provide new firms with financing, contacts and business acumen
- Recognized by the Ontario Securities Commission as an “accredited investor”, as defined by the Ontario Securities Commission’s Rule 45-802, such as:
- An individual who, either alone or with a spouse, beneficially owns financial assets having an aggregate realizable value that before taxes, but net of any related liabilities, exceeds $1,000,000;
- An individual whose net income, before taxes, exceeded $200,000 in each of the two most recent calendar years, or whose net income, before taxes, combined with that of a spouse exceeded $300,000 in each of the two most recent calendar years, and who, in either case, reasonably expects to exceed that net income level in the current calendar year;
- An individual who, either alone or with a spouse, has net assets of at least $5,000,000; and
- A person, other than an individual or investment fund, who has net assets of at least $5,000,000, as shown on their most recently prepared financial statements.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING AN EKEAU INVESTOR?
REQUEST A CONSULTATION